Ginza Bairin

Who wants to try dining at Japanese Restaurant? Raise your hand.  Me, I want! ^__^

August 14 marks my husband 29th birthday. Yes! 29 na po sya but does he looks like 29? Db  hindi, parang 24 lang daw sya. Haha. Anyway, he promise me to be with me on his special day the whole day kahit na magkasama na kami sa bahay 24/7. Ang sweet db. (**kilig much**). Part of his birthday celebration is lunch out and since it’s my husband birthday, I gave him the authority to choose where he wants to eat.

He’s craving for Japanese food so we opted to try the newly opened Ginza Bairin located at Glorietta 2 beside Wee Nam Kee. This is their first branch here in the Philippines. We've seen some nice reviews of Ginza Bairin and according to them, this restaurant offers one of the best tonkatsu chain in Japan. Wow!



We were so hungry by the time we arrived; luckily we were able to get to our seats easily. The place is small but super clean, I love the interiors especially the lights, I must say a modern Japanese ambiance. Their menu is like coffee table book with colorful pictures of the food they offer. Hhhhmm.. Picture palang, mananakam ka na.

Ginza Bairin provides cold moist towels to prepare for your dining experience. I remember, I asked the waiter if they will include this in our bill.. Haha. Natrauma na ko sa mga free towels/tissue na ganyan na after mong gamitin may bayad pala.. Booo.. But this time it’s FREE. Yehey!


They also offer unlimited house tea and cabbage while waiting for your orders.

Unlimited Cabbage 
Unlimited Tea and Service Water

Each table has salad dressings which were good to drizzle to your unlimited cabbage. They also have chili oil, chili powder, pink Himalayan salt and tonkatsu sauce.



While waiting for our order, one staff handed us a plate of sesame seeds which according to Ian we will grind it will all our strength before adding the tonkatsu sauce which gives a nice nutty flavor.


We waited for almost 30 minutes for our food, I’m so hungry that time and hello, I’m pregnant! Meaning 2 kaming gutom! I call their manager’s attention about our order. Grabe, nauna pa yung order nung mga late ng dumating, e halos same lang kami ng order! Ggggrrr.. It was crazy! Their service is so slow! As in! I guess the crew is still getting familiarized with the system, but still it’s not excuse. Mas nauna kaming mag order then pinaka huli kaming binigyan ng food.

Anyway, moving forward…. My husband had to taste their biggest and most expensive tonkatsu – Kurobuta Rosu Katsu Set which uses Black Berkshire pig-prized for its texture and flavor. It also includes unlimited Japanese rice, miso soup, small slices of pineapple and shredded cabbage. As per Ian, the meat was very tender and delicious.

Kurobuta Rosu Katsu Set Php 595.00

For me, he ordered Two Side Hire. The meat inside was firm and chunky, but still tender and had a crunchy coating.  I just add Japanese rice for Php 80.00/plate.


Side Hire Php 65.00/each and Side Ebi Php 150.00 

He also order for Side Ebi, these were giant prawns coated with breading and deep fried to make it crispy. For drinks, hubby chose to try their Bottomless Iced Tea.


Iced Tea Bottomless Php 95.00
Happy Birthday Mister!

Overall, I enjoyed our lunch date even though their service was poor. At least now, I can say that I already tried the Authentic Katsu in Tokyo, without travelling from Philippines to Japan. Hehe..

FTFBadge



Ginza Bairin
Unit 1-019 & 1-021 Ground Floor
Glorietta 2, Palm Drive Ayala Center
Makati City