The Musicians: Anima Choir and Strings

WHY WE CHOSE IT:







I know some brides will agree to me that when it comes to musicians, there are lot of choices. There's Serenata Strings, Bernie Pasamba Group, String Minstrels, SJT Strings Ensemble and the famous Manila Philharmonic. I insist Ian that we need to hire musicians on our BIG day to make our wedding more romantic. To tell you the truth, I don't know where to start, who to choose among my list and how to decide.. **sigh**

I do lots of research as well as join the wedding group and asked them what their choices are. Some of them vote for Manila Philharmonic while some of them vote for Serenata Strings. Honestly, I want to book for the Manila Philharmonic but since they are too expensive and definitely way over our budget, we decided not to entertain the idea of booking them. Next is the SJT String Ensemble, their rates are cheaper than Manila Philharmonic but after several emails with them, I got no reply. Finally, I came across the site of Anima Strings (basically, I search for the best musicians in the Philippines), I listen to their performance specifically their version of "Umagang Kay Ganda", send an email to Roger and he immediate replied on my inquiry. Wow! He also includes their Repertoire in the proposal.

Anima Choir and Strings is composed of professional choral singers and intrumentalists who have extensive backgrounds in solo and ensemble performance. The members come from the tradition of multi-awarded choral groups, orchestras and top conservatories in Manila. All were former members of Ryan Cayabyab's San Miguel Master Chorale and San Miguel Philharmonic Orchestra (2001 - 2006). Individually, each member is a professional musicians, having performed here and abroad. All are into other music-related endeavors (teaching voice and instruments, performing solo or with other groups, conducting choirs) in their free time from ANIMA.

Their rates were not expensive as we thought! very competitive, and definitely affordable. Ian and I decided to book them right away. We've made the down payment and signed the contract and it is now official. Anima Strings will play for us at the church ceremony and at the reception.


Anima Choir and Strings
Telephone Number: (0917) 8876970
Contact Person: Roger Sigwa